Disclosure: We’re letting you know that this post contains sponsored links which Find Cash USA receives compensation for, which may impact their order of appearance because talking about money should always be an honest discussion.
Did you recently lose your job and are in dire need of assistance? You may be able to apply for benefits the same week you become unemployed or your hours are greatly reduced.
Unemployment insurance benefits provide temporary financial assistance to workers unemployed through no fault of their own who meet the state’s eligibility requirements. Need assistance? See if you qualify for unemployment benefits by visiting UsUnemploymentResources.com!
#1. Unemployment Insurance – You may be eligible for regular unemployment if you received a W-2 and you meet any of these requirements:
- You are fully or partially unemployed because of a layoff, furlough, reduced wages, or reduced hours.
- You and your family are impacted by school closures.
- Your unemployment claim expired.
#2. Disability Insurance or Paid Family Leave – If you’re not eligible for unemployment, you may be eligible for Disability Insurance or Paid Family Leave.
You may be eligible for disability benefits if:
- You are not able to work due to a non-work-related illness, injury, or pregnancy.
- You are not able to perform your normal work duties because you are sick or quarantined due to COVID-19.
- You paid into the State Disability Insurance program (noted as “CASDI” on paystubs), via taxes.
You may be eligible for Paid Family Leave benefits if:
- You need to take care of a family member with a serious health condition
- You’re a parent who needs time to bond with your new child by birth, adoption or fosters care placement.
- You have to manage family affairs when a family member is on or has been called to active duty in the armed forces, including the National Guard or Reserve.
- You will qualify if you are unemployed through no fault of your own.
- You will qualify if you meet work and wage requirements.
- You will qualify if you meet the state’s requirements. (Some requirements vary from each state)
If you’re unemployed and need assistance, you could qualify for the benefits! To get started and see if you’re eligible, visit UsUnemploymentResource.com and enter the required details asked on the site!